While planning your perfect wedding, many of you are also planning your perfect honeymoon at the same time. Although some couples may put off the honeymoon until a more convenient time, most couples depart for their destination honeymoon directly after the wedding. This is why deciding on your honeymoon spot should be well thought out, fun, relaxing, and a romantic time for you and your partner to cherish forever. This is also why choosing a honeymoon spot wisely is very important. Overall, your goal when choosing a honeymoon destination should be based on being together in a relaxing environment with no hassles and outrageous expenses behind it.
The following list are things to consider when looking for your honeymoon spot…
- When making reservations, be sure to mention that this is for your honeymoon because you can possibly be upgraded to a special suite or receive free amenities or other perks reserved just for honeymooners
- Evaluate how much money you can spend and determine a realistic budget
- Research the best weather for where you are specifically traveling
- Determine whether or not you prefer all-inclusive resorts vs. those where you pay for food and beverages separately.
- Consider locations with lower off-season rates (talk to a professional).
- Ask your family/ friends if they have extra frequent flyer miles, hotel points, car rental points, etc.
- Consider a honeymoon registry, especially if you do not need a lot of household items. These household items could be replaced for special excursion bookings or the overall cost of your trip credit.
Honeymoon Destination Ideas:
- St. Lucia
- Dominican Republic
What essentials to bring with you on your big retreat…
- Passports or visas as needed
- Photo identification / driver licenses
- Cameras to capture these moments
- Emergency points of contact
- Language translation books if needed